Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Azumanga Daioh





Retail Price: 50.00$
My Purchase: 19.99$
DVD release date: Oct 14 2008
Program run time: 650 minutes
Genres: Comedy, High School, Slice of Life
Language watched in: English



Azumanga Daioh follows the story of a numerous group of girls and teachers, throughout their three years of high school. Originally I was going to review this show and write about it, but in the end it's just what the first sentence says. Instead I will write about my favourite characters, from Azumanga Daioh.


Characters


Osaka aka Ayumu Kasuga
I am in love with this girl! At the beginning of this anime I thought of her more of a nuisance, but she ends up being a big comic relief. The transfer student from Osaka, tends to stop everything she's doing, if in thought. A few quotes I love from her are 


"There will be lots of cute cats and dogs in the Cafe... and they're all dead." 2nd year culture fest. 


"[Osaka is telling a horror story]
Osaka: Sometime last night...
[Yomi, Tomo, and Chiyo each give a quavering, worried sound]
Osaka: I was all alone in my room... when suddenly, outta nowhere...
[Tomo gulps nervously]
Osaka: The smell of a fart that wasn't mine wafted into my nose
[The other girls stand in dumbfounded shock for a moment]
Tomo: [trembling voice] Spooky!
Osaka: Isn't it?
Yomi: [dryly] Really."


Sakaki
The Amazonian beauty Sakaki, is renown for her athletic abilities and cool look. She would trade it all to become cute and become beloved by all cute creatures. The reason I like her so much is because everyone assumes her to be something she's not and because of her shy nature, she makes an enemy, and becomes someone's dream prince charming?



Kimura
Perverted-How-Did-He-Get-That-Job Teacher is a lecher. All he cares about are high school girl, and them in their swimwear. He openly admits his reasons for become a high school teachers, and declares his love towards Kaorin (his student) even though he has a wife and a daughter. I love this character he makes me laugh all the time in this picture he sings "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Kimuriiiin... Happy birthday tooo meeeeee"

Yukari
Miss Yukari, the classroom teacher of the main cast of characters. She's a single young woman, looking for a good time, any time is a good time to get her drink on! She not afraid to discipline her students, and she'll insist on driving her Yukari-mobile. If you can survive her driving she's all yours. She's quite the load of a woman, that's why I love her so much. Another reason why I love her is because she makes me think if Tenma were to become a teacher ... she'd become Yukari.


No comments:

Post a Comment